Friday, October 16, 2009

Need a brake??

I do!! Sometimes it is hard to tell how to get one admidst my hectic life! Especially when I start wondering when the last time I took a breath was!! Maybe it's just me, but the last time I checked, breathing was essential to living. Hmmm just a thought. Between piano lessons, piano practice, teaching full time, working on my MAT, family life, church - including my duties as church pianist, working out, etc., etc., I don't have much time. Get the picture?? If not, come follow me around for a few days and I think you will get it real fast!!

Recently, a fellow teacher from school shared a devotional with us that went something along the lines of, "Do you ever feel like you are on a train and it is whizzing by so fast that you can't even enjoy the scenery? Well, take heart, because you are not on the train - you ARE the train. So, stop and take the time you need - make choices about where you go and how fast." I thought this was an excellent point - just one problem - I don't think my brakes work anymore!!

No comments: