Friday, February 11, 2011

Mastering my Masters

After two years of working quite diligently on my masters of art in teaching degree, I am finally finished! I received my diploma and final transcript in the mail the other day. I finished with a 3.63 GPA. While that is not a 4.0, I still feel pretty pleased when I realize that I completed my degree with that GPA while teaching full time, working as church pianist, and driving to Macon to take piano lessons every or every other week plus practicing many hours at home. Additionally, I plugged away at it through a death in the family, moving out on my own for the first time, my family moving 3 and half hours away from me, and a personal emotional crisis. While at times I thought it would master me, I kept at it and now I have a masters degree to my name! My family and I celebrated with dinner in Savannah at Olive Garden.


It is hard for me to believe I am finally finished! Now, on to the next challenge. Doctorate, anyone??




2 comments:

busymomof10 said...

CONGRATS!

Glad you didn't let it master you! :)

I'm so proud of you!! ;)

Hannah said...

Congrats, Tiff! :D
That was fun!! :D