Friday, December 2, 2011

Fall Fun

Yes, yes I know. I am an epic failure at blog posting. *sigh* What can I say? It seems that I have 24 hours in the day same as any one else, right?? How long can it possibly take just to pop off a blog post? But, alas, it seems to be nearly impossible for me to keep up my blog. Well, I shall take the only course of action there is - make some more good resolutions!! :D (and hope that they actually work out this time.)

So, anyways, I have been quite busy these last few months, which will not surprise anyone, but what may be slightly surprising is that I have actually taken a bit of time for fun as well.

In October, we had our church fall festival, which was loads of fun. There was a costume contest and a cooking contest. I entered both. The whole family went as characters from Narnia (surprise, surprise). I was Susan. We wanted to enter as a group, but alas, they would not let us. Joe did manage to take second prize as Prince Caspian though.



"Little" Lucy Isn't she adorable?
In the cooking contest, I succeeded, winning first prize for my apple pie. My grandmother taught me how to make them, and I am carrying on the tradition of homemade apple and pumpkin pies every Thanksgiving and Christmas (and yes, I mean homemade crust too).

A few weeks later, we had a quite enjoyable weekend. Epically wonderful things happened that weekend - 1. Abby, Joe's girlfriend and my wonderful friend and sister <3, and her friend Steph, who is also an awesome person and was great fun to meet and get to know, surprised Joe by visiting for the weekend. Result? Very, very happy Joe. and happy rest of us because we all love Abby too!!

Secondly, it was Kristi's birthday, so we celebrated Ours family style with a big surprise birthday dinner. Tay was home from college, Abbs and Steph were there, and Tay's friend Ethan were all there, so the table was full and the house rang with laughter, love, and good times.

 Third, we chose Saturday night as a wonderful time to build the first fire. It fit in perfectly with the general happiness and coziness and plus, we figured we may not have another chance to build a fire as it would probably never again get cold enough in Brunswick. I LOVE fires, so it was amazing to have one that night and get to enjoy snuggling by it why we watched a movie - Borrowed Hearts. If you have not seen that movie, I highly recommend it - so cute and heartwarming!! (and on a side note - as it turns out we have actually had two other occasions to build a fire so far! Shocking isn't it?? What is the world coming to?).




 And finally, the other wonderful thing about that weekend was I had Friday off from school. That just made it a *very* happy weekend. #icingonthecake

2 comments:

busymomof10 said...

Awesome post! You've captured some of the highlights of recent weeks! I just put up a post about Decorating the tree . . . . and posted about Thanksgiving yesterday. Make sure you check them both out!!!! :)

Pamela M M Berkeley said...

Aw, you don't fail at blogging! You're doing it, that's what counts. (I went to a daily blog format after I realized it was two and a half years later and I was still blogging. That was amazing stick-to-it-ness on my part to me, and I saw my blog as a worthwhile ministry and work outlet, which God blessed.) And I like the blog changes, it's cute.