Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pathways

Each of our paths is so uniquely our own. Sometimes I wonder at the seperate journeys God has us on. They are all so different, His calling on our lives so individual. At times I hurt because people do not understand mine, but do I really understand theirs? We all are so quick to judge another's life because it is not our own.

A passage from  Jesus Calling says, " I have called each of My children to a different path, distinctly designed for that one. Do not let anyone convince you that his path is the only right way. And be careful not to extol your path as superior to another's way. What I require of you is to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with Me - wherever I lead."

I do not completely understand why our paths are all so different but I suppose it is because God has a special purpose in the world for each of us, and He only needs one person for that specific purpose - you or me or the lady down the street. We don't need to worry about why our story looks so much different from someone else's - we only need to keep our eyes on Jesus, trusting that He will complete the good work he has begun in us, and give our calling, our purpose, our path all we have to give.

2 comments:

Pamela M M Berkeley said...

I needed this today. And you should check out God Calling. It's what inspired Sarah Young to do Jesus Calling (the original basically) and it's a book that changed my life.

busymomof10 said...

Awesome post, as always! and So true!