Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Of Life and Plans and Finally Blogging

It has been a long time since I have blogged. Yes, yes it has. I don't know where the time and my good intentions all go. Probably the same place as socks. I wouldn't be surprised. Soooooo, a lot has happened - my brother Josh got married, my brother Joe graduated from high school, and I feel pretty sure some other interesting things happened too - I just can't remember them right now. I do know though that I have been extremely busy!! but that shouldn't surprise any of us by now. I had a lot of good blog post ideas I was planning to write, but at this point, I think I am just going to start fresh with the current moment. If you want to know about some of the major events of the past few months, check out my Mom's blog: www.yestheyareallours.com. Other than that, I have been practicing, teaching, and trying to stay sane (yeah, right!). I just finished the school year and am more than ready for summer break. That is definitely one of the best perks of being a teacher. And, of course, since it is the summer, it is time for my list of idealistic goals and plans! I tried to not make quite as many this summer, but I am not at all sure that I succeeded. Here are a few of my goals for this summer:

1. Practice!!! and Practice! and Practice!!!! This is my one and only chance to practice all day. I had better make the most of it. Grad school auditions will be here before I know it...

2. Memorize the book of Philippians.

3. Do some "artsy stuff." Pinterest I will be paying you a visit soon...

4. Study music history, music theory, sight singing, ear training, and piano literature. I have to pass exams on these  subjects as part of the entrance into MM programs.

5. Be active! (When I am not practicing) Walks, swimming, Zumba, bike riding...

6. Have fun!! :) Yes, I do think this would be a nice goal. Beach, pool, movies I never have time for, spend time with friends and family...

Well, I think that about wraps it up for now. Here is to summer and to keeping up with my blog(s) better! 

3 comments:

Madison Taylor said...

Did I know Singularly Blessed was your blog??? I am not soo sure. Maybe I did. Maybe I just didn't think about it....Hmmmm....OH! I just got back from Zumba and Core! Very Fun! Nice list btw. Can you tell I am hyper? Well I am! And I am sooo hyper inside that it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard to type!!!!! AHHHHHHH
okay well,awesome post!

Madison Taylor said...

OH YEAH! And who did your blog design? I guess I could just check for myself..

Single and Loving it! said...

LOL Maddie!! No, no I can not tell. You seem perfectly calm to me. Bahahahaha

I um thought you did? But who knows.

Kendra of course! :)