Tuesday, June 26, 2012

And Then There Were Two...

So this weekend instead of the normal house-full it was just me and my Dad. Yup. The fantastic five, Mom, and Joe went to Greenville to work with Ashlyn at a children's conference at the Evangelical Institute and Tay went on a missions trip to New Orleans, leaving me A-Lone. (Well, technically with Dad but since he was at work all day, it pretty much felt like I was alone). It was pretty nice most of the time. I got to practice all day with no interruptions. I broke up the practicing with some working out and snuggling with Sofi. Then, at night Dad and I went out to dinner. So, it was pretty fun but I still missed the little dears. It was SO quiet that it was a little creepy. They are all back now though, so life can resume its normal crazy quality! :)

Random interesting story...Saturday night we were at B & Js waiting for a table. I was mentally rehearsing my pieces. I had my hands by my side and I guess I was moving my fingers some as I played through the music in my mind. An older gentleman noticed and said, "Are you practicing?" I said sheepishly "Uh, yeah, actually, I am." We started talking about music and piano, and I actually ended up giving him a business card! :) Moral of the story...you never know when using your time wisely might actually pay off!!

I saw this idea on another blog lately - a few questions to its readers after every post. (Actually probably a lot of blogs do that, but I just noticed it on this one.) I was thinking it would be a great idea to incorporate on mine (when I actually post that is!). So here goes:

1. What do you do when the other members of your house are out of town? Do you like it or is it lonely?

2. What is your favorite type of pizza? Totally random, I know, but we are watching Pizza My Heart and the pizza on there looks A-Mazing!!

2 comments:

Madison Taylor said...

Now I am going to watch Pizza my Heart. I love that movie and you make me wanna watch it! haha

busymomof10 said...

Well, I answer your last question first! I love pizza! Pepperoni or double cheese are my favorites!

And I also enjoyed watching Pizza My Heart! Cute movie! But, oh that New Jewsy accent!!!!!!

And you know I love having the house to myself from time to time! I enjoy the peace and quiet and being able too hear myself think . . . but then I get lonely and miss the "little dears," as you say! :)